September 23, 2011

"Touched by Angels"

Author: Peggy Web
Genre: Romance / Chick Lit
Publisher: Kindle edition
Cost: Free on Amazon
File Size: 288 KB 
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: Sarah was a mother looking for a miracle; Jake was a tormented man looking to forget. She was raising a special child alone. He was testing the limits of recklessness on his motorcycle and in his plane. But when a little girl ran in front of his of his car, Jake risked his life for real in order to save her. Jenny - and her mother Sarah - tugged at his heart and made him want to be the hero Sarah imagined. But could such love ever silence the ghosts that haunted him? Could Sarah and Jenny be his second chance?

Review: This is a sweet, not trashy, romance novel. I wanted to try out my new Kindle by downloading a free book. This book is a fantastic, easy read. While it has a predictable ending, I got caught up in the journey that took me from beginning to end. In fact, I just logged into Amazon to download the sequel, A Prince for Jenny which cost frugal me a whole $.99.

It's not unusual for a line or paragraph to jump out or resonate with me, and I absolutely love this line from Touched by Angels, "That who you love is not nearly as important as who you are with the person you love".

Think about it.

Oh, and if you're wondering how I like my Kindle - I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment