October 23, 2011

The Journey West

Author: Elaine Schulte
Genre: Christian Lit
Series: California Pioneers Series (Book 1)
Publisher: LifeJourney Books, 1991
Pages: 274
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: So far, Annie Windsor Talbot has enjoyed a life of wealth and priviege. But suddenly she finds herself orphaned, bankrupt, and dependent on teh assistance of her Christian relatives who are moving west. Stunned by the turn of events, she must learn to cope with the physical and emoitional strain of a wagon train journey in the company of a family whos faith she cannot understand, and a young man whose presence disturbs her.

The Journey West is the first book in the exciting story of the Talbots, a Christian family determined to penetrate the west with the reality of God's love.

Review: Not the best of the Christian writers (I still prefer Janette Oke), but I enjoyed this story for what it is. I picked it up off the table at a book sale and for $.50 it was well worth my time. I'd like to see if I can find the other books in this series. If you like Christian fiction, then I recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment