March 8, 2012

Awful First Dates

Author: Susan Z. Wexler
Genre: Entertainment / Compilation
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Pages: 224
Rating: Highly Recommend (hilarious)


Synopsis: From the guy who chews on rocks to the one who has his mom tag along, Awful First Dates is filled with hilarious, cringe-worthy, holy-crap-did-that-really-happen?! stories from celebrities like Lauren Conrad and Michael Kors, you'll laugh, you'll cringe-and most importantly-you'll feel better about some of the date's you've been on!


Review: Well, it has finally come to this. Between single mommyhood, school, working full-time, and being the best girlfriend ever, these are the kinds of books I have time to read. 


I bought this book for Sal, my boyfriend of 3 months, for Valentine's Day. The man has been on more first dates than all of my friends and coworkers combined. I thought he'd have his own little gems to add in the margins.


When he was finished with it, he returned it to me and I found it hilarious. I am also eternally grateful that he has saved me from the dating cesspool. As for us, we had a typically awkward first date, but I thought he was nice and he thought I was cute, and in a relationship those are the most important factors anyway so we went out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment