January 9, 2013

Ghosts of Gettysburg

Author: Mark Nesbitt
Genre: Supernatural
Publisher: Second Chance Publications, 2012
Pages: 78
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: Ghosts of Gettysburg is the first volume in Mark Nesbitt's popular book series. A combination of history and mystery, this volume focuses on the early ghost-lore of Gettysburg. Included are the timeless stories of the woman in white, the surgeons of Old Dorm, the ghosts of Devil's Den, the Blue Boy, and other infamous spectres who wander the Gettysburg battlefield.

Review: Perhaps I didn't make the best decision when I chose this as my bedtime reading, but having been to Gettysburg myself and experiencing "something", I found I couldn't put it down.

Nesbitt presents the facts and leaves interpretation to the reader. To fully grasp the context and stories one must travel to Gettysburg. Having been there several times myself, I highly recommend a visit (or two). I also recommend taking a candlelight walking tour.

By the way, this is not a new series. The first book was originally published in 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment