December 9, 2013

Facets

Author: Barbara Delinsky
Genre: Fiction
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing, 1990
Pages: 544
Rating: Do Not Recommend


Synopsis: Writer Hillary Cox and jewelry magnate John St. George are engaged in a fiery and passionate romance--until he announces on national television that he is marrying another woman. Determined to destroy him, Hillary must compete with John's half-sister Pam, who wants to ruin him by seizing control of Facets, their family's gem business. Set against the glittering backdrop of the jewelry industry, the two women face a cunning and unscrupulous adversary--with shocking results.

Review: Barbara Delinsky is a go-to writer for me, but this book was an epic failure. In fact, I'm not even sure how or why I kept reading it, except that I chose the audio book and it was all I really had in my car for entertainment. 


Perhaps because I got sucked into the reader's inconsequential lives, and had to see just how bad this trainwreck would be. I also read this waiting to see just how bad John's fall would be.


"Do not recommend" is too kind a rating for this book. It was awful, and probably one of the worst books I've forced myself to read. Maybe this novel just didn't translate well into an audio-book. 


I really liked Delinsky as a writer, but it will be awhile before I want to read another, and even then I'll probably stick to her newer works.

No comments:

Post a Comment