May 7, 2014

The Taste of Apple Seeds

Author: Katharina Hagena
Genre: Fiction
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers, 2014
Pages: 256
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: When Iris unexpectedly inherits her grandmother's house in the country, she also inherits the painful memories that live there. Iris gives herself a one-week stay at the old house, after which she'll make a decision: keep it or sell it. The choice is not so simple, though, for her grandmother's cottage is an enchanting place, where currant jam tastes of tears, sparks fly from fingertips, love's embrace makes apple trees blossom, and the darkest family secrets never stay buried. . . .

Review: I just never know how to feel about a book when it's been translated into English, but this one sounded good enough to try.

You know, I liked it. I wasn't in love with it, nor do I feel this is an absolute must-read, but I liked it.

Iris' cousin's fate is woven mysteriously throughout the novel and the reader learns a little more with every passing chapter. I won't spoil the ending, but the last chapter makes reading this all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment