January 1, 2015

Through the Glass

Author: Shannon Moroney
Genre: Memoir
Publisher: Gallery Books, 2014
Pages: 376
Rating: Highly Recommend

Synopsis: “One month into our marriage, my husband committed horrific violent crimes. In that instant, the life I knew was destroyed. I vowed that one day I would be whole again. This is my story.”
An impassioned, harrowing, and ultimately hopeful story of one woman’s pursuit of justice, forgiveness, and healing.
When Shannon Moroney got married in October 2005, she had no idea that her happy life as a newlywed was about to come crashing down around her. One month after her wedding, a police officer arrived at her door to tell her that her husband, Jason, had been arrested and charged in the brutal assault and kidnapping of two women. In the aftermath of these crimes, Shannon dealt with a heavy burden of grief, the stress and publicity of a major criminal investigation, and the painful stigma of guilt by association, all while attempting to understand what had made Jason turn to such violence.
Review: What an interesting read. 

In some strange way I could relate.The man I married in 2005 was someone other than who I ended up being married to over the five subsequent years. I had a hard time reconciling that the person I thought he was wasn't who he was at all. Moroney had to deal with similar issues, albeit on the a far grander, even more devastating scale.

In some cases Moroney was looking for answers where there are none. She was trying to understand something that just cannot be understood. For this, people unfairly judge her. This is her story and her very real, very human reactions to events more devastating than anyone should have to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment