July 28, 2015

Luckiest Girl Alive

Author: Jessica Knoll
Genre: Fiction / Thriller
Publisher: Simon & Schuster, 2015
Pages: 352
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: HER PERFECT LIFE IS A PERFECT LIE.

As a teenager at the prestigious Bradley School. Ani FaNelli endured a shocking, public humiliation that left her desperate to reinvent herself. Now, with a glamorous job, expensive wardrobe, and handsome blue blood fiance, she's this close to living the perfect life she's worked so hard to achieve.

But Ani has a secret.

There's something else buried in her past that still haunts her, something private and painful that threatens to bubble to the surface and destroy everything.

With a singular voice and twists you won't see coming, Luckiest Girl Alive, explores the unbearable pressure that so many women feel to
"have it all" and introduces a heroine whose sharp edges and cutthroat ambition have been protecting a scandalous truth, and a heart that's bigger than it first appears.

The question remains, will breaking her silence destroy all that she has worked for - or, will it at long last, set Ani free?

Rating: Even now I can't believe I'm giving this a "Recommend" rating. I hated (h.a.t.e.d) this book for the first 190 pages. I kept telling my husband that it had to get good at some point. It was compared to Gone Girl for heaven's sake, a book I had loved.

I don't know that any book has started out more slowly than Luckiest Girl Alive. It stayed slow, and then BAM. Never saw it coming. I flew through the second half of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment