March 16, 2018

I Remember Laura

Author: Stephen W. Hines
Genre: Biography
Publisher: Nelson, Thomas, Inc., 1994
Pages: 274
Rating: Do Not Recommend

Synopsis: A scrapbook collection by the editor of the Little House in the Ozarks features stories, letters, interviews, and recollections of Laura Ingalls Wilder in her youth and adult years, and includes rare photos and Ma's famous famous pickle recipe.

Review: I am Laura Ingalls Wilder obsessed, and have been all of my life. I've read every book she wrote, and many books about her. 

This was not my favorite. I wanted less commentary from the author and more stories and memories from the people who knew her, which is what the book had promised. 

I do, however, recommend Pioneer Girl reviewed here.

Books about Laura will sell, but at least this author seemed to have a genuine interest in her as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment