April 30, 2018

The Wife Between Us

Author: Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
Genre: Thriller
Publisher: St. Martin's Press, 2018
Pages: 352
Rating: Highly Recommend

Synopsis: When you read this book, you will make many assumptions.

You will assume you are reading about a jealous ex-wife.

You will assume she is obsessed with her replacement - a beautiful, younger woman who is about to marry the man they both love.

You will assume you know the anatomy of this tangled love triangle.

Assume nothing.

Twisted and deliciously chilling, Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen's The Wife Between Us exposes the secret complexities of an enviable marriage - and the dangerous truths we ignore in the name of love.

Read between the lies.

Review: Maybe because I was in a marriage where gas lighting and emotional abuse were a way of life, I picked right up on that. However, it's the subplots that really keep this moving forward and draw in the reader. This is one of the better psychological thrillers that I've read.

It's been some time since I found a book that I couldn't put down and that I read in a single day.

I credit the editor-turned-author for the attention to detail, and I'm excited that this team is writing another novel. It's due out in January 2019, and titled The Anonymous Girl.

I also can't stop looking at the cover. The artwork/perspective is compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment