December 29, 2018

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Author: J. K. Rowling
Genre: Fiction
Publisher: Scholastic
Pages: 336
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: Harry Potter has never been the star of a Quidditch team, scoring points while riding a broom far above the ground. He knows no spells, has never helped to catch a dragon, and has never worn a cloak of invisibility.

All he knows is a miserable life with the Dursley's, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley - a great big swollen spoiled bully. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in eleven years.

But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an ivitation to an incredible place that Harry - and anoyone who reads about him - will find unforgettable.

For it's there that he find not only his friends, aerial sports, and magic in everything from classes to meals, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him. . .if Harry can survive the encounter.

Review: I may be the last person in the free world to read Harry Potter, but I told my oldest daughter, who's obsessed, that I would give it a try. I liked, didn't love. After reading Book 1, I don't get all the hype surrounding it, but I've heard the series improves with each book. It remains to be seen if I'll continue with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment