August 26, 2020

The Weekenders

Author: Mary Kay Andrews
Genre: Fiction
Publisher: St. Martin's Press, 2017
Pages: 464
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: Some people stay all summer long on the idyllic island of Belle Isle, North Carolina. Others come only for the weekens, and the mix between regulars and "the weekenders" can sometimes make sparks fly. Riley Griggs has a season of good time with friends and family ahead of her on Belle Isle when things take an unexpected turn. While waiting for her husband to arrive on the ferry one Friday afternoon, Riley is confronted by a process server who thrusts papers into her hand. And her husband is nowhere to be found. 

So she turns to her island friends for help and support, but it becomes clear that each of them has their own secrets, and the clock is ticking as the mystery deepends. . .in a murderous way. Now Riley must find a way to investigate teh secrets of Belle Isle, the husband she might not really know, and the summer that could change everything.


Review:
This was my first Mary Kay Andrews novel. She and Diane Chamberlain, one of my fave authors, are friends in real life so I had been wanting to read her for awhile. As far as I can tell by reading reviews this isn't one of her better novels, but I enjoyed it. I was looking for a book I could escape into, and I found it. Success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment