September 19, 2021

Local Woman Missing

Author: Mary Kubica
Genre: Thriller
Publisher: Park Row Books, 2021
Pages: 353
Rating: Highly Recommend

Synopsis: Shelby Tebow is the first to go missing. Not long after, Meredith Dickey and her six-year-old daughter, Delilah vanish just blocks from where Shelby was last seen, striking fear into their once-peaceful community. Are these incidents connected? After an elusive search that yields more questions than answers, the case eventually goes cold.

Now, eleven years later, Delilah shockingly returns. Everyone want to know what happened to her, but no one is prepared for what they'll find. . .

Review: What a page turner. I was hooked very early on. I gave this 4 stars because 1) I never saw "it" coming, and 2) all loose ends were tied. Initially I thought I hope to never read a book as messed up as this one ever again, but then I realized this is just one case where one bad decision leads to another, and then it just spirals from there. These characters were as flawed as you and I, and I think that was part of what kept me going as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment