November 18, 2021

Buffalo Valley

Author: Debbie Macomber
Genre: Fiction
Publisher: MIRA Books, 2009
Pages: 400
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: Buffalo Valley, North Dakota, has a willl to survive, to prosper. And the outside world has discovered Buffalo Valley. A large retail conglomerate plans to move in, which would surely destroy the independent businesses. . .and maybe the town.

It's a season of change for Vaughn Kyle. Just out of the army, he's looking for a life to live - and waits for his reluctant fiance to make up her mind. Vaughn decides to visit Buffalo Valley and Hassie Knight. He was named after Hassie's son who died in Vietnam and she thinks of him as a surrogate son. He arrives at her store one snowy day and finds not Hassie but a young woman named Carrie Hendrickson.

Will the season bring peace and joy - to Vaughn and to the town?

As he begins to love Carrie, Vaughn questions his feelings for the woman he thought he loved. He wants to stay in Buffalo Valley and fight for its way of life. A life that's all about friends and family. 

Review: I read the other books in these series awhile ago, and I'm not sure how I missed this book's existence. I enjoyed this as I enjoy all of Debbie Macomber's books. 

It's been awhile since I read the others in the series, but Macomber did a good job reacquainting me with the residents of Buffalo Valley. I believe this started out as a trilogy, and a fourth book was added, this one.

The Dakota Series:
1. Dakota Born
2. Dakota Home
3. Always Dakota
4. Buffalo Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment