December 13, 2022

Once Upon a Christmas

Author: Lauraine Snelling / Lenora Worth
Genre: Fiction / Christmas
Publisher: Steeple Hill Books, 2010
Pages: 256
Rating: Do Not Recommend

Synopsis: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Romance blooms between Blythe Stensrude and Thane Davidson after their dogs tangle leashes in the park - until Thane becomes guardian to his three-year-old niece. Blythe doesn't think she's mother material, but how can she refuse Thane's request to give a neglected little girl the best Christmas ever?

"Twas the Week Before Christmas - Upon arrival at her grandmother's Louisiana plantation for the holidays socialite Elise Melancon is confronted with a shocking request - her grandmother wants her to "reform" a handsome young man so he can date another woman! Perhaps Elise will discover that life's greatest gifts don't always come in a box.

Review: This is two novellas in one - The Most Wonderful Time of the Year and 'Twas the Week Before Christmas. I don't know that I really loved either. I know my own life experiences play into my feelings about the relationship of the couple in The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. I was willing Blythe to walk away. 'Twas the Night Before Christmas was just too. . .something, improbable maybe. Furthermore, it felt really dated with undertones of societal class. It's also worth noting that I struggle with novellas and short stories because there isn't time for character or plot development. I should avoid these since I tend to judge them for what they actually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment