May 27, 2023

Skylark

Author: Sarah Cassidy
Genre: Fiction / Young Adult
Publisher: Orca Book Publishers, 2014
Pages: 136
Rating: Highly Recommend 

Synopsis: Angie lives in an old car with her brother and mother. Homeless after their father left to find work, the family struggles to stay together and live as normally as possible. It is difficult though. Between avoiding the police and finding new places to park each night, it is a constant struggle. When Angie discovers slam poetry, she finds a new way to express herself and find meaning and comfort in a confusing world.

Review: I believe to the Friends & Fiction facebook group and the reading prompt for May is "read a Young Adult book written by an author with your initials, first or last, or both." YA is not my genre and I tried reading several throughout the month of May. Before giving up, I decided to hit the YA section of my library one last time. I choose a book by Sarah Cassidy. It was so good.It reads like a memoir even though it is fiction. Enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment