December 21, 2023

The Woman in Me

Author: Britney Spears
Genre: Memoir
Publisher: Gallery Books, 2023
Pages: 288
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: In June 2021, the whole world was listening as Britney Spears spoke in open court. The impact of sharing her voice - her truth - was undeniable, and it changed the course of her life and the lives of countless others. The Woman in Me reveals for the first time her incredible journey - and the strength at the core of one of the greatest performers in pop music history.

Review: I have a hard time giving memoirs less than five stars because who am I to judge someone else's life or their takeaways. I always find it interesting to see how others grew up and became who they are.

I missed the appeal of Britney Spears, nor do I know much about her. I was graduating from college when she became popular, and more into country music at that time anyway. However, she has certainly kept herself in the headlines over the years.

This book is written in simple language, and I think she's an interesting person (for better or worse), but it also confirms that I'm grateful I'm not famous. My final thoughts are that she would have benefited from better people around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment