Editor: Jim Hinckley
Genre: Non-Fiction
Publisher: Motorbooks, 2025
Pages: 224
Rating: Recommend
Review: I first learned of Route 66 on a trip to Albuquerque and Gallup, New Mexico when I was a freshman in college. Signs and references to The Mother Road were everywhere in that area. These were the pre-internet days and I remember asking about it. It captured my imagination, and in the years since I have learned more about it.
This month, my parents took a bus trip along Route 66 to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Knowing they were taking this trip, I bought this book for my dad for Christmas. Many of the sites and stops they made, including restaurants, are listed in this book. I followed along in this book as they made their way along the route.
While my family and I haven't made a concerted effort to drive Route 66, we have been to various stops along it, including driving on a section of the original Route 66 in eastern
Oklahoma.

No comments:
Post a Comment