Author: Gabrielle Moss
Genre: Non-Fiction
Publisher: Quirk Publishing, 2018
Pages: 256
Rating: Highly Recommend
Synopsis: Those pink covers. That flimsy paper. The nonstop series installments that hooked readers through their entire adolescence. These were not the serious-issue novels of the 1970s, not the blockbuster YA trilogies that arrived in the 2000s. Nestled in between were the girl-centric teen books of the 80s and 90s - short, cheap, and utterly adored.
Review: I absolutely loved this trip down Memory Lane. I lived on a steady diet of The Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley Twins/Sweet Valley High through middle school and even a bit into my freshman year of high school. And, who can forget the Sunfire historical fiction novels that started with Amanda, teenager on a wagon train to Oregon. So much nostalgia, and more, in this book. Don't be surprised if some of those novels pop up in future blog posts. I should revisit some old favorites that, in some way, shaped who I am today.
No comments:
Post a Comment