October 5, 2019

American Housewife

Author: Helen Ellis
Genre: Humor / Fiction / Short Stories
Publisher: Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group, 2016
Pages: 208
Rating: Do Not Recommend

Synopsis: Meet the women of American Housewife. They wear lipstick, pearls, and sunscreen, even when its cloudy. They casserole. They pinwheel. And then they kill a party crasher, carefully stepping around the body to pull cookies from the oven.

Taking us from a haunted pre-war Manhattan apartment building to the unique initiation ritual of a book club, these twelve delightfully demented stories are a refreshing and wic
ked answer to the question: "What do housewives do all day?"

Review: This was a departure for me. Not a genre I typically read, but I need books on the short side to get my reading challenge back on track. The cover was the best part of the book, but even I found it entertaining at times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment