April 30, 2022

How May I Offend You Today

Author: Susannah B. Lewis
Genre: Humor / Non-Fiction
Publisher: Nelson, Thomas, Inc., 2020
Pages: 224
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: Lewis turns her trademark humor to ordinary events that work her nerves - from people who wear t-shirts with indecent images to public displays of affection in the plumbing aisle of Lowe's - while keeping a wry eye on herself and her own temptation to vent grievances "like a teenage girl in overalls and Birkenstocks."

Wearing together anecdotes from her distinctly Southern life with frequent references to the Bible, what she calls our "manual for living," Lewis says what many of us have thought, and in the process encourages us to stand firm in our views.

Review: I follow Susannah on Facebook (Whoa! Susannah), and find myself chuckling or nodding while reading her posts. She's a likeable person. That said, I struggle with this type of book; anecdotal and each chapter a new "story" or theme. I'd love to read a novel she's written because she does have story-telling and writing skills. This just isn't my genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment