April 1, 2023

The Great Gatzby

Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Genre: Fiction / Classic
Publisher: Scribner, 2004
Pages: 180
Rating: Do Not Recommend

Synopsis: The story of the mysteriously wealthy Jay Gatzby and his love for the beautiful Daisy Buchanan, of lavish parties on Long Island at a time when The New York Times noted "gin was the national drink and sex the national obsession," it is an exquisitely crafted tale of America in the 1920s.

Review: This is a book I'd been wanting to read for awhile, and when one of my online reading groups posted a challenge that was "read a book under 200 pages," it seemed like a go
od time to try it. I hate to say it, but what a disappointment. I have a hard time getting into books with flowery language so I knew I was in trouble early. I also struggled with jumping between the past, present, and future. But at 180 pages, I pushed myself to finish it.


No comments:

Post a Comment