March 30, 2023

It Was Only Ever You

Author: Kate Kerrigan
Genre: Historical Fiction
Publisher: Head of Zeus, 2016
Pages: 448
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: Patrick Murphy has charm to burn and a singing voice to die for. Many people will recognize his talent. Many women will love him. Rose, the sweetheart he leaves behind in Ireland, can never forget him. Ava, the heiress with no self-confidence, falls under his spell. And Sheila Klein, orphaned by the Holocaust and hungry for success, will be ruthless in her determination to unlock his star quality. But in the end, Patrick Murphy's heart belongs to only one of them. Which one will it be?

Review: This was one of those books that sounded good when I found it online, but once it was in my hands, I just wasn't sure. I decided to start reading and see if the story drew me in, or if it was one I could abandon. This one was a keeper. I liked the setting and the descriptions of both people and places. The plot could have been so much more, but three women fighting for one man, what could possibly go wrong? While there were multiple "conveniences" in this novel, I loved Patrick's revelation at the very end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment