February 17, 2024

Impossible

Author: Nancy Werlin
Genre: Teen Fiction
Publisher: Dial Books, 2008
Pages: 384
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: Lucy Scarborough is seventeen when she discovers that the women of her family have been cursed through the generations, forced to attempt three seemingly impossible tasks or fall into madness upon their child's birth. But Lucy is the first girl who won't be alone as she tackles the list. She has her fiercely protective foster parents beside her. And she has Zach, whose strength amazes her more each day. Do they have enough love and resolve to overcome and age-old evil?

Review: Reading this was what I'll call a happy accident. My daughter and I went to the library together. I didn't realize some of her books were mixed in with mine. (The photo to the right is not the cover her book had; I couldn't locate that edition). Then, after the book drew me in, I noticed the big pink "TEEN" label on the spine.

Right away this book gave me A Witch in Time vibes, a book I hadn't expected to even like, let alone love. Novels like these are ground in reality, with a bit of the supernatural, and the plot is solid.

I always say that when one is in a reading slump, the best way out is to choose something you wouldn't typically read, a genre that you don't normally read.

No comments:

Post a Comment