February 10, 2024

Tomorrow's Promise

Author: Sandra Brown
Genre: Fiction
Publisher: Mira, 1983
Pages: 296
Rating: Recommend

Synopsis: Thousands of feet above the ground on a crowded flight to Washington D.C., radio personality Keely Williams feels the irresistible pull of handsome congressman Dax Devereaux. The two are on their way to a congressional hearing about Vietnam soldiers listed as MIA. Tragically, Keely's husband is among the missing. He had been her childhood sweetheart, her future, her love - and then the unanswered question she dedicated her life to solving.

Until she begins to entertain the possibility of a new future with Dax. But can Keely allow herself to love again while still honoring the man of her past?

Review: I'm in some kind of reading slump lately, but I have found myself venturing into the smutty romance genre. This isn't a genre to which I typically gravitate.

Predictable and somehow still a poignant read, Tomorrow's Promise hit all the right notes for whatever I have going on in my life or my head right now. I was transported to the 1980s, when the Vietnam War wasn't something we learned about in history books yet. It was a recent event that still impacted the day-to-day lives of everyday people. Everyone had a memory of Vietnam, whether in Asia or the United States.

Tomorrow's Promise takes place in both Washington D.C. and New Orleans, a city we plan to visit in June so that was a fun surprise. I enjoy reading novels set in places I've been, and where I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment