June 22, 2024

Cruisin' Route 66

Author: Joe Loesch
Genre: Non-fiction
Publisher: Oasis Audio, 2009
Pages: 3 discs
Rating: Highly Recommend

Synopsis: For three generations of travelers, Route 66 was the highway that linked America together. Stretching from Grant Park to the Pacific Ocean, this remarkable highway winds its way through eight states and ends at the Santa Monica freeway after 2,278 miles. Experience pure nostalgia as you hear the stories of tourists, merchants, Okies, and GIs who traveled this mother road. Meet the famous and infamous. Discover a snowstorm in Flagstaff, a blazing hot sun in the Mojave Desert, historical monuments in the Land of Lincoln, a cave in Missouri, Indian jewelry in New Mexico, and even a jackalope in Arizona. The road has seen it all.

Review: I had a bit of a road trip to watch my son play in a soccer tournament. He and my husband went up a day early so I took advantage of being in the car alone. I love the history and spirit of Route 66, and we've even worked it in to a few road trips. I first learned of it on a trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico when I was freshman in college. There are original sections of Route 66, on which you may still drive, in both Illinois and Oklahoma. And, possibly other places as well. Additionally, we've been to the terminus in Santa Monica.

No comments:

Post a Comment