May 4, 2011

The Canaan Trilogy

Author: Marek Halter
Genre: Historical Fiction / Biblical / Romance
Publisher: Crown Publishing
Books (in order): Sarah, Zipporah, Wife of Moses, Lilah
My Rating: Recommend

It's not very often that I commit to a series or read the same author back to back, but The Red Tent piqued my interest in novels set during biblical times. I have two weeks between the end of one session of graduate courses before beginning another and so it was the perfect time to read a series. I stumbled upon The Canaan Trilogy while I was perusing Barnes and Noble one afternoon.

There is no doubt that Halter takes full advantage of creative license to craft his stories, but I'm not reading them for biblical accuracy. I approached this trilogy for what it is, fiction set during biblical times.

Just to note, it is possible to read any one of these on their own without having read the others. This is not a "series", but a "trilogy". One book does not build on another. If I was only recommending one, I would suggest reading Sarah.

Read my reviews of each here:
Sarah (very good)
Zipporah, Wife of Moses (good)
Lilah (not worth your time)

No comments:

Post a Comment